Well, we have been horrible about keeping up with this blog. Though, Phillip keeps up with his facebook like 2o times a day! But just for the sake of shocking a few people (Julia--that means you!), I decided to update it. Life has been tough this semester. We have learned the value of taking breaks from hanging out with our international friends. Because it is our last semester of teaching and going to graduate school, it has been hard to stay focused and not get distracted by what is around the corner. Plus, it is always more fun to hang out with friends than study! This spring break we went to Amarillo, Texas and did kid camps all week. We took about 60 BSMers and 20 international students. It was a great time and though I felt I had no downtime, I was surprisely refreshed by the end of the week. We worked with refugee children. We played games, and told a Bible story every day.
We went to conference in February and it was a great time of making like-minded friends and looking forward to our future. We will be voted on April 20th. We will be selling alot of small items at the missionary garage sale on April 18th at the seminary. I think I'm more excited about just getting rid of junk than anything! Most of our items we will be "bequeathing" to family members and our international student friends. I'm excited about watching our apartment slowly diminish in possessions as we prepare to leave.
Here are some pictures of spring break in Amarillo!



No comments:
Post a Comment